Maritime Education Department
1. ResearchGate Score 12.86 Higher than 55% of Research Members
2. Approved Peer Reviewer , Publons
3. 228 Citations
4. h-index 8
5. i10-index 5
40 Verified Reviews at Research Journals Including:
- Safety Science
- Risk Analysis Journal
- International Journal of Maritime Engineering
- Maritime Policy & Management
- Human and Ecological Risk Assessment: An International Journal
- Universal Journal of Management
- International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics
- International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction
- Ocean Engineering
- Applied Sciences
- Journal of Marine Science and Engineering
- Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part M: Journal of Engineering for the Maritime Environment
- Risk Analysis
- Ships and Offshore Structures
- Journal of Navigation
- Scientific Journal of Gdynia Maritime University
- Karahalios H.(2020). Appraisal of a Ship’s Cybersecurity efficiency: the case of piracy. Journal of Transportation Security. DOI 10.1007/s12198-020-00223-1
- Karahalios (n..a). Application of AHP-TOPSIS for Knowledge Evaluation of Ship Operators DOI: 10.1504/IJBEX.2020.10028489
- Karahalios, H. (2020). A Risk Assessment of Ships Groundings in Rivers: The Case of Parana River. Journal of Navigation, Vol. 73, pp. 833-845
- Karahalios, H. (2019). Risk Analysis of Ship Operations. Pelorus
- Karahalios, H. (2018). The Severity of Shipboard Communication Failures in Maritime Emergencies: A Risk Management Approach. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, Vol. 28 , pp. 1-9
- Karahalios (2017). The Application of the AHP-TOPSIS for Evaluating Ballast Water Treatment Systems by Ship Operators. Transportation Research Part D Transport and Environment Vol. 52(Part A), pp. 172-184
- Karahalios H. (2017). Effect of Human Behaviour in Shipboard Firefighting Decisions: The Case of Fire in Engine Rooms. Journal of Contingencies and Crisis Management. Vol.25(4), 256-268.
- Karahalios H. (2017). Evaluating the knowledge of experts in the maritime regulatory field. Maritime Policy & Management. Maritime Policy & Management, Vol. 44(4), pp. 426-441.
- Karahalios H. (2015) The Management of Maritime Regulations. Routledge
- Akyuz, E., Karahalios, H., Celik, M. (2015) Assessment of the Maritime Labour Convention Compliance Using Balanced Scorecard and Analytic Hierarchy Process Approach. Maritime Policy & Management, Vol.42(2), pp. 1-18.
- Karahalios H., Yang Z.L., Wang J. (2015) A Risk Appraisal System Regarding the Implementation of Maritime Regulations by a Ship Operator. Maritime Policy & Management, Vol. 42(4), pp. 1-25.
- Karahalios H. (2014) The Contribution of Risk Management in Ship Management The Case of Ship Collision. Safety Science, Vol.63, pp. 104-114
- Karahalios H. (2013) MLC 2006 Compliance: Costs & Benefits. Maritime Trends Conference, Athens, Greece, 8 June 2013.
- Karahalios H., Yang Z.L., Williams V., Wang J. (2011) A Proposed System of Hierarchical Scorecards to Assess the Implementation of Maritime Regulations. Safety Science, Vol. 49, pp. 450–462.
- Karahalios H., Yang Z.L., Wang J. (2011) A study of the implementation of maritime safety regulations by a ship operator, In Advances in Safety, Reliability and Risk Management, Ed. Berenguer, Grall and Guedes Soares, Proceeding of 2011, Annual European Safety and Reliability Conference (ESREL), Troyes, France, 18-22 September, pp. 2863-2869.
- Karahalios, H. (2009). A risk based appraisal of maritime regulations in the shipping industry (Doctoral dissertation), Liverpool John Moores University.